Although the #Blizzardof2015 was a little underwhelming for some parts of the northeast, I bet you are all currently Googling how to keep your skin looking dewy and moisturized through these harsh conditions. I put together 5 tips to keep your skin radiant and fresh. Make sure to follow all tips for the best results.
- Drink lots of water, green tea, and cold-pressed fruit and vegetable juices. Your skin tends to dry out when there is a lack of moisture in the air, so consuming about 2 liters a day, depending on your BMI, will help keep your skin glowing and healthy. I love BluePrint cold-pressed juices year round. Nutritious and delicious.
- Place a humidifier in your bedroom. Going from freezing temperatures to overheated apartments tends to dry out your skin, as well as make your hair frizz. Inserting a humidifier in your room will keep your skin supple while you sleep and will also help ward off any winter sickness. If you don’t want to get a humidifier, I suggest visiting a steam room at least once a week.
- Work up a sweat. Getting the blood flowing will help your skin tone even out. Make sure to hydrate and moisturize after, though, because the salt in your sweat tends to dry your skin out.
- If you tend to use a harsh exfoliator during the winter months, try switching your routine to something more gentle. Some we recommend are Cetaphil, Mario Badescu, or Dermalogica. This way you can keep your skin fresh without succumbing to the harsh winter environment.
- Make sure to moisturize daily—morning, afternoon, and night. This is one of the most important steps that people often forget. Men, this includes you!
I love Rescue; a moisturizer for the day and serum for the night. These products increase collagen production, which ultimately evens out your skin tone, prevents wrinkles, and keeps your skin moisturized perfectly.
Le Metier De Beaute Revitalizing Anti-Aging Day Crème is another great day cream that keeps your skin supple through these cold winter days. It is a bit light, so it’s great to use as a preventative as well as daily moisturizer.
Lastly, La Mer Moisturizing Soft Crème is a great cream to use before bed to nourish your skin. This cream is heavier so if you already have dry skin, this is perfect for you. I don’t recommend this as something to use daily, but rather weekly.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, BluePrint, Rescue
Article originally posted by me on Global Grind.
Song of the day: “Be Real” by featuring Dej Loaf (Produced by DJ Mustard)